Wednesday 13 April 2011

"But I scrutinise the blackbirds that are scratching on the glass."

Wow, I am relieved to be back online. Despite the lack of internet & general need to adjust to new surroundings, I have continued to take a photo a day...
&, well, since it’s going to be a short month lyrics-wise, I thought I might relieve my distress over the lack of days in February - & therefore lack of Strangelove entries - by using lyrics from the two solo albums from Patrick Duff, former singer of Strangelove. Crafty.
From my perspective, it seems appropriate - the transition of moving homes & a different location is quite a big one for me & seems to suit the shift in his music & my relationship with it. The two albums belie - or more likely are enriched by - the much wider musical journey that he has made in the last decade.
He tells his own stories much more eloquently however; in songs & in prose, which you can read here, should you have the time/inclination (I’m particularly fond of the accidentally-being-rude-to-Van Morrison story):

1 April


2 April

3 April
4 April


5 April
6 April


7 April


8 April


9 April


10 April


11 April


12 April
13 April

(From Mirror Man)

No comments:

Post a Comment